If you're looking for some down home fun, the Imperial Valley is the place to be as it offers many attractions for all ages, some of which include:
- Imperial Market Days - Held at downtown Imperial, Ca. Offers fruits and vegetables, Julian apple pie, canned jams and vegetables, arts and crafts, jumpers and rides for the kids, live music and more! For more information call: 760-355-3335.
- Annual Welcome Snowbird Pancake Breakfast - Stark field from 8:00a.m. to 10:00a.m. The breakfast is free to all of our winter visitors with an out of county driver's license. If you would like to participate call the Chamber at 760-352-3681
- Annual Holtville Carrot Festival - Located in nearby Holtville, the Carrot Capital of the World.
- Mardi Gras Light Parade and Street Festival - Downtown El Centro
- Le tour De Manure - Dust off your bicycles and bring your family and friends down to the town Square in El Centro for a Bike Ride to beneflit the Imperial Valley Special Olympics.
- California Mid-Winter Fair & Fiesta in Impeiral CA - Takes place in Imperial, CA and lasts for several weeks. All things considered, the California Mid-Winter Fair and Fiesta is an event that visitors will not forget; there is something for everyone. To learn more visit their website at www.californiamidwinerfair.com
- Naval Air Facility (NAF) in El Centro will feature the Blue Angels. As the winter home of the blue Angels, the NAF El Centro annual air show is the first show of their season, every year and is considered the largest single-day event in the Imperial Valley.
- El Centro Music Festival & Fireworks Show at Stark Field. Local bands will compete for the "Best of El Centro" title in the Battle of the Bands. Patrons will be able to enjoy and play in a giant paint ball area, complete with referees, rental equipment and target shooting areas. There will be a wide variety of food, a Kids Corner, entertainment and fireworks.
- Annual Children's Fair sponsored by, The Child Abuse Prevention and held at Bucklin Park - 8th and Ross Ave., El Centro, CA 10:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m.. For more information you may call: 760-353-8300.
- Cinco de Mayo - The anniversary of a victory in 1862 in the fight for independence from French forces is annually observed on May 5th. It is a festival of Mexican pride and heritage celebrated throughout the Imperial Valley with food booths, music, and games. Contact www.elcentrochamber.org for information on dates and cities.
- National Day of Prayer held in May at Jimmie Cannons Permorming Arts Theatre. Contact The Imperial County Natonal Day of Prayer Task Force at 760-353-1395 for more information.
- Imperial Valley College annual Firework display - July 4th on I-10 and Hwy 111, Imperial, CA.
- Ice Cream Social & Rain on Main - El Centro. Contact www.cityofelcentro.org or call 760-337-4555 for more information.
- United Way of Imperial County's Annual Kick-Off Breakfast - Join the United Way of Imperial Valley as they start their new campaign year and thank donors for their past support. Festivities include: 50/50 Raffle & Business Card Drawing at Police Activities League, 1100 N. 4th Street, El Centro.
- "Grito de Independencia & Taco Cook-Off" will be an evening of traditional celebrations, mouth watering tacos, authentic Mexican ceremony and activities for all ages. Held at Stark Field in El Centro. Artists and artisans will proudly display their handiwork with many items available for sale.
- IVC Golf tournamen - Del Rio Country Club, located at 102 E. Del Rio, Brwley, CA. Cost per player.
- Boys and Girls Club - Silent Auction; 6:30 p.m. Dinner; For more infomation call 760-344-2040 or go to www.bgcimperialvalley.org
- Neighborhood House Farmers Market - held at Mission Thrift Store, 201 3rd St., El Centro, CA from 7a.m - 12p.m. offers for sale a variety of fresh produce, arts, jewelry, foods, live music, workshops, and more! For more information you may call 760-235-9837.
- Imperial Valley Fire Ball - Join the Burn Institute for a moving tribute to individuals from fire departments throughout the Imperial Valley who have gone above and beyond the call of duty. The evening includes dinner, awards, auctions and casino gaming, and dancing. Barbara Worth Resort & Country Club. Contact Kelsey Warren at 858-541-277.
- "Cattle Call Rodeo" is packed full of weekly activities that include Cowboys riding bucking broncos and bulls, along with a Parade, Chili Cook-Offs, Bands playing Music and a Mariachi Festival. Located at 205 S. Imperial Ave., Brawley, CA 92227. Call: 760-344-5206 for tickets or tickets are availbable on-line: http://www.cattlecallrodeo.com
- The "Bell Game" between rival teams, the Brawley Wildcats and the Central Spartans is sure to spark excitement for football enthusiasts as both teams compete for the coveted Bell Trophy.
- Seasonal Tree Lighting & Street Fair - El Centro Police Station.
- El Centro's Los Vigilantes Annual Christmans Parade held in downtown Main Street, El Centro. Starts at 10:00 a.m. and afterwards you can travel over to Bucklin Park located at 8th and Ross Avenue where you can enjoy games and a variety of food booths.
MORE FUN AND ADVENTURE
- The Imperial Dunes located 20 miles east of El Centro, offers fun for outdoors enthusiasts who enjoy riding their sand rails and dune buggies in the best sand dunes around. Call 760-337-4400
- Colorado River, east of El Centro, is only a 30 minute drive away. There one can enjoy fishing, boating or just lounging around in the sun.
- Waylons Water World located in Yuma, AZ (a 45 minute drive from El Centro), offers plenty of fun and relaxation on a hot summer day.
- The Museum at Imperial Valley College ( only 3 miles north) offers a wonderful opportunity to visit and learn more about our valley pioneers.
- Dove Hunting for the outdoorsman is held throughout August/September
For further information on community events you can log on to elcentrochamber.org